Saturday, June 30, 2012

Introducing...

Caroline Barlow Callister! Caroline arrived in a very punctual manner on her due date: June 27, 2012 at 11:52 PM. Annie had been laboring since around 6:00 the previous evening. It was a long night for Annie, but she did great. We walked around the cul-de-sac for an hour in the morning to get her to what seemed to be the magic "lets get to the birthing center" threshold. Birthing Center was great. It was Me, Annie, a midwife and a nurse (in the entire building, because they weren't seeing patients that day). It was really nice. Annie continued to have pretty good contractions for about two hours after we got there. When she was dialated to a 9 they broke her water. Things progressed very fast after that. Annie was INCREDIBLE.. she was a gladiator! Caroline weighed 9 lbs even and measured 21 inches. It was a very "REAL" moment. I don't know how else to describe it. Caroline's jet black hair (and lots of it) was the first thing we noticed. Where did that come from? Mom is recovering and loves little Caroline tremendously. She has been pretty mellow so far (as expected). Henry and Charlotte are a little confused still, but are adjusting to their new reality.. we are certainly on vigil and have concluded that she will spend the first little while in high places outside of Chenry's reach (although Henry's reach has increased dramatically.. he is now climbing out of his crib.. are you kidding me.. 18 months!!???) Geesh. We are feeling very grateful that all has gone well so far. Welcome to the word sweet little Caroline!!

18 comments:

Motion DeSmiths said...

AWWWW! I love the name! She's so cute! Congrats, you adorable little family of 5!!!

taryn said...

She, and the name, are SO CUTE!!! Congrats!

Unknown said...

She is adorable and the name fits her well congrats to you all...

Cecily said...

She is so lovely!! Congrats to all of you!! I'll be down to visit soon. :)

Justin + kelly said...

Congrats! She is darling!

Lauren H. said...

Yay! I love it! Is it Caroline like a line or like lynn at the end? Wish I was there to meet her. We'll try to make a trip down in July!

Madame Palmkey said...

Love the name and what an adorable baby!

Kricket said...

What a beautiful little girl.

Nicole said...

That picture of Henry reaching for her is priceless! So sweet. Congrats! Annie is amazing! Smiling while laboring. What a woman!

Nicole said...

That picture of Henry reaching for her is priceless! So sweet. Congrats! Annie is amazing! Smiling while laboring. What a woman!

Rachel said...

Yeah for the birth center route!!! That's where we had our Henry (5 weeks ago) and I'm a convert. After seeing the documentary, "The Business of Being Born," I realized that birth should not be a medical procedure. If you ever have a chance (ha!) email me about why you guys chose the birth center. I think the word should be spread that babies should be born in more natural settings. rachelgabbott@gmail.com

Congratulations!!!

Rachel said...

Yeah for the birth center route!!! That's where we had our Henry (5 weeks ago) and I'm a convert. After seeing the documentary, "The Business of Being Born," I realized that birth should not be a medical procedure. If you ever have a chance (ha!) email me about why you guys chose the birth center. I think the word should be spread that babies should be born in more natural settings. rachelgabbott@gmail.com

Congratulations!!!

Heather said...

So sweet, and such a beautiful name! Congrats to all of you, and good luck to Charlotte and Henry (and you!!!)

Deborah and Stephen said...

I love the dark hair! well done annie, she is adorable! I know jake had a big part in it to but I will give most credit to you :) hehe cant wait to meet her in october

Josh said...

After studying herbal midwifery, I must say I am very impressed with your decision to do a center with a midwife. Tell Annie to drink lots of red raspberry leaf tea... And I think I feel inspired to listen to a certain Neil diamond song..... Congrats

Mark and Tobi said...

Congrats Annie and Jake. She is beautiful!

jojo said...

hooray for that sweet new baby. i wish i could snuggle that little one right now. love and miss you guys.

Mary said...

Oh! That darling little smile just melts me! Congratulations to your crew!!