Thursday, December 15, 2011

Most Fattening Time of the Year

This is a silly seasonal selection from a set of Christmas shows that Lokalgrown did in 2004. We were the house entertainment for Gardner Village in Salt Lake City. We drove down from Logan (USU) pretty much every night that December. It was arduous in some ways, but some great memories came out of those drives as well. We should get T-Shirts for the simple fact that we drove through Sardine Canyon every night in December TWICE and didn't die.

This song has become more of a truism than I ever feared to imagine. Am I the only one that justifies seasonal laziness through historic (yet completely non-applicable) realities? Truth is historically, winter was a pretty lazy time for agrarian societies.... yeah so that means that I CANT get off my butt and go to a gym.. and I CANT suck it up and ride the bike in the cold and wet... yeah you can see how well this is working to appease my "fitness" anxiety.

Anyway.. here's to spring... and hot buttered rolls in the meantime.

2 comments:

Madame Palmkey said...

It may have been less physically gruelling, but there was also less food to be had, and likely more fat burned just trying to keep warm. Peasants were not larding it up, unfortunately.

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Yeah yeah Emily.. this strategy only works when you don't think about it much (like most disillusions). Perhaps a better argument is the comparison of their fair weather schedule in relation to mine. Maybe my daily twenty minute jog or bike ride doesn't prepare me quit as well for winter as a daily backbreaking sun-up to sun-down day in the field, on a roof, in the forest etc... I wonder what exercise equipment might have looked like back then though...